Monday, March 19, 2012

Godsightings: The Post Office

Well, posting on this blog makes me nervous but I guess I need to! The last ten days have flown by. It started last Friday when I stopped by the Perkasie Post office. I was standing in line and got chatting with a young girl. I quickly found out that she just moved here from Ukraine in the past year!
It seems that God brings someone across my path that has to do with Ukraine often. I feel that it's God's way of just letting me know that He cares for these boys on the other side of the world and for me!

Next, this past week we had a friend of Keith's from High School drop by that we haven't seen in like 10 years and his family is from Ukraine! It is getting kind of funny.
Then today I stopped by Calvary Church to drop off a form for camp this summer and there was a young guy at the desk talking about going to Ukraine this Summer for a mission's trip to help orphans! All of these encounters I know are just God's way of encouraging us to keep on keeping on.

The past 3 weeks have been filled DAILY with paper work! We were able to get our Home Study finalized, printed and shipped off to our government office in Texas! They estimate that if all goes well we could be in Ukraine by June! Please pray that God would continue to direct our steps. There are so many things that could go wrong. Please pray that we would have wisdom and that God would direct our path!
This week I will be working on the last group of paper work. It feels really good to be at this point. The middle section of paperwork was difficult, but is done! Each step takes time and we need to get to the Ukraine sooner than later with Igor turning 18 in September. Please pray that it will go well and be done right.
Listen, my son, accept what I say, and the years of your life  will be many. I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble. Hold on to instruction; do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life.

Proverbs 4: 10 - 13

7 comments:

  1. I love seeing God's hand in all this :-) And i love being kept in the loop. So excited about this blog, u r doing a great job Sara! Time is moving so quickly it seems. Will continue 2 keep u all in prayer including Roman & Igor. Looking 4war 2 seeing their smiles in person. <3 XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news Sara! I'm praying for you guys and also excited how God is continually showing you signs. Keep the blogs coming so we can see the progress. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys for the kind words! I am just glad you guys are taking the time to read and pray for us! We really appreciate it!<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this BLOG!! You're doing a great job. I am so excited for you! I love to see how our Great God has given you a glimpse and reminder of all that He is doing in your life! I pray God will continue to open doors and bless each step in the journey! Can't wait to meet the 2 boys that God has given you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The above note is from Christal Gerhart<3<3:) Thank you Christal! I am so glad that you will be home to meet them! Actually Mason and Ellen have been a huge help with the Blog! I can't take any credit:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Isn't it amazing how God keeps solidifying that this is His will for your family. We will keep you and the family, and of course your 2 boys in our prayers. Praying that all works out for you to be able to head to the Ukraine in June. Keep on Keeping on!!!!
    Love the blog. We have a neighbor doing the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Denise for posting! We really appreciate the prayers. I have been keeping a journal of God sightings through this whole thing. I am up to 46 entries. Just little and big stuff that God has made his way clearer in this whole process. It has helped us to keep on keeping on. Some days I do question is this REALLY what we are supose to be doing and then something happens that day to remind me yes this is what we are supose to be doing. We have prayed and continue to pray that we would not do anything outside of his will and that he would protect us. Please pray for us to have wisdom in each step that we go.:)

    ReplyDelete